Interested in Guest Blogging on Wanderlust Conqueror?
If you’re interested in guest blogging on here, that’s great! I’ll be opening guest posts in Autumn 2017. Don’t let that stop you from applying now! I will happily start considering your work for Wanderlust Conqueror.
My website is focused on Travel, History, and Food from around the world. Hopefully, you knew that already by checking out my work. You’re not required to have the same background, but your article does need to be relevant for my readers.
To save time and always allow for transparency, I’m keeping this public. Since I personally don’t appreciate cryptic “Work with Me” pages, I’m putting everything up front for the entire world to see. I’m mostly trying to do a preliminary weeding out of applicants.
I am running my site as a business, so please understand the formal tone that will be used in this particular post. This could be a business collaboration between us, so that’s how I’m addressing this topic. Otherwise, I am normally fairly pleasant and generally supportive to those with whom I choose to interact.
Pre-Approval Requirements for Guest Blogging
- Fill out the form below or email the following:
- Your blog URL – I want to check out your work! Preference will be given to self-hosted URLs but is not required if you have quality work.
- Your Topic Idea – not your entire body of work just yet
- Relevancy – Explain how it is relevant to my readers’ needs. This doesn’t have to be long, just a simple explanation.
- Disclosure if you’re pitching your idea to more than one website
- Estimated completion date – I’ll need to schedule it into my content calendar.
- Adhere to the Comment Policy.
- Rights of Ownership:
- Wanderlust Conqueror will legally retain the rights to the written work but credit will always be given to the author.
- Wanderlust Conqueror will legally retain the rights to the submitted photographs but credit will always be given to the photographer.
- This will allow me to use your images for marketing and promotional purposes indefinitely while reducing the chances of recycling or repurposing your work on the topic elsewhere.
- This will keep content on Wanderlust Conqueror unique. This is extremely important for me in a business sense.
- Understand that you cannot repurpose or recycle the pitched topic to be used on another website.
- *** If a guest author wants to link to his/her guest post from his/her own site, that’s fine and is expected.
- ***Guest Bloggers are also encouraged to promote their own work on all social media platforms, on Pinterest, and within the guest writer’s website newsletter.
- ***You are allowed to highlight your work on Wanderlust Conqueror in your media kit
- If approved, you will be allowed a temporary “Contributor Account.” Being a “Contributor” has no publishing or media uploading capability. This will allow you to write and edit your individual article until I determine when to publish it. You will need to email photos to me.
- If you’re initially approved to become a temporary contributor, I reserve the right to constructively suggest another edit by you before publishing your work on Wanderlust Conqueror. Once final approval has been made, depending upon your topic, you can expect your work to go live within 2 weeks unless otherwise noted.
- In the unlikely event of denial to publish your work, I will relinquish full rights of the written content and submitted images back to you. You will then be allowed to pitch to another website or other media outlet.
- I reserve the right to deny publishing your article on my website if:
- Your backlinks are spammy
- Your links are sending readers to low-quality, generic information (short articles)
- Excessive profanity (I would prefer no profanity at all)
- Poorly edited – seriously, if you haven’t already, try out Grammarly. It’s a link to a free trial on the premium services for new members only. (Disclosure: if you try it, I get a free week, too).
- This shouldn’t have to be said, but for my peace of mind: I will deny publishing your work if your post is derogatory towards people based on, but not limited to: genders, sexualities, ethnicities, religions or lack thereof, physical or mental disabilities. If your work potentially harmful to any group of people, I will swiftly inform you that your work will not be published on here.
- This is an unpaid opportunity to gain more exposure and credibility for yourself.
- Social Media Followers and Blog Readership Count: I don’t care about how many followers or readers you currently have, as long as what you provide on here is quality work that we both can be proud of having on Wanderlust Conqueror. Everyone has to get their start somewhere, so why not try with me?
Requirements to Guest Blog on Wanderlust Conqueror
Once you’ve been reviewed and pre-approved, please provide and adhere to the following:
- Your Bio & Headshot
- No more than 2 links within your Bio (Example: your website and your preferred social media account)
- Clear Headshot of only you
- Professional Preferred, but not required
- 1500 Words Minimum in the body of the article.
- Again, try not to have excessive profanity but honestly, I prefer no profanity at all in the posts. Some people have hang ups about profanity. Therefore, I don’t want to alienate readers when we authors can choose better wording anyway.
- Must be your original work – I will do a Google Image Check before I post them to my website. You don’t need a photography background to provide decent images. I promise.
- Must have a minimum of 1 verticle image to promote on Pinterest
- Please provide captions for each photograph submitted
- Commenting on your article
- You are expected to professionally reply to any responses on your article, especially for the first month.
- I am promoting an engaged community and you will need to be active towards replies and questions. Anytime someone comments on a post you write, you need to respond to the comment. It doesn’t matter if you write just a simple reply as long as you acknowledge that someone has commented and respond to it.
- Don’t forget to adhere to the Comments Policy listed above.
- For detailed, quality work, it is important to cite sources wherever relevant.
- Cited-Source Links must also lead to quality content (Read: Not Spammy) that is not written by you
- Most 1500+ word posts have 4+ links to backup post’s points and allow readers to become more informed
- Subtopic Headings within the Post (this is where I use my H2’s)
- You are responsible for editing your work before submission
- Make sure it flows in a natural way
Start the Pre-Approval Process for Guest Blogging
If you’ve read everything on here and are still up for Guest Posting, contact me in the form below!
Thank you for the interest and applying! I will let you know within 10 Working Days (Monday through Friday).
If you still have questions that I didn’t answer above, feel free to email me or comment below!